Salt Cell Stand for Jandy Aquapure?

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
Hello,

I was going to clean out my Salt cell as I have had it running for roughly one full season. I can't seem to find a salt cell stand for the jandy aquapure. Does anyone have suggestions?

Cheers

mguzzy

Jul 8, 2015
OV, CA
I use a skinny bucket... I made the mistake one year of using a bucket with a small leak in it and I put on the top step.. my plaster didn't like that.

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
I use a skinny bucket... I made the mistake one year of using a bucket with a small leak in it and I put on the top step.. my plaster didn't like that.
Do you mix your own acid mix or just buy something like this

How often do you do it?

Edit: Found the Jandy drain caps, bought 2 of them so I can seal up the Cell and pour directly into it, for anyone wondering.

Last edited:

mguzzy

Jul 8, 2015
OV, CA
I make my own.. just dilute some MA in water, 4 parts water to 1 part acid.. Always pour the acid into the water, not the other way around. Let it sit until it stops bubbling . I've tried various things, like different diameter buckets, plugging the end of the cell and suspending it in a a bucket of water so my acid wash is more on the inside of the cell and less on the outside. I take the used acid wash and dump it in my pool. Unless I have a reason to I only acid wash it once a year.

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
I just taped one end of my IC60 and would refill for whatever slowly leaked out. Kept telling myself I’d take it to the plumbing supply one day and make a cap for it but never got there. This year I looked it up trying to find the sizing to make one and they sell pre made ones like the stand that gocubs posted. Pentair makes a cap and a stand. Yours is all in one. Anyway $17 and it was delivered the next day. 6 years I covered myself in acid rain pulling off the tape job. Should have googled it on day 1. The ultimate kicker is I also had to replace the IC60 and 2 weeks later the new one came with 2 caps. Now I have 3 sitting in my garage that sit there making fun of me. Feast or famine I guess.

Reactions: gocubs418

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
I make my own.. just dilute some MA in water, 4 parts water to 1 part acid.. Always pour the acid into the water, not the other way around. Let it sit until it stops bubbling . I've tried various things, like different diameter buckets, plugging the end of the cell and suspending it in a a bucket of water so my acid wash is more on the inside of the cell and less on the outside. I take the used acid wash and dump it in my pool. Unless I have a reason to I only acid wash it once a year.
Thanks for the tip. I found two drain caps online so I decided just to buy that so I can contain the liquid inside the cell.

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
I just taped one end of my IC60 and would refill for whatever slowly leaked out. Kept telling myself I’d take it to the plumbing supply one day and make a cap for it but never got there. This year I looked it up trying to find the sizing to make one and they sell pre made ones like the stand that gocubs posted. Pentair makes a cap and a stand. Yours is all in one. Anyway $17 and it was delivered the next day. 6 years I covered myself in acid rain pulling off the tape job. Should have googled it on day 1. The ultimate kicker is I also had to replace the IC60 and 2 weeks later the new one came with 2 caps. Now I have 3 sitting in my garage that sit there making fun of me. Feast or famine I guess.
Thanks! I just found the drain caps solution myself for the Jandy. I am going to use those. Its a new cell (less than a year) so I figure its worth the peace of mind.

However, I am considering going with that Bioguard Saltscapes to clean it.

Reactions: Newdude