Salt cell replacement how often?

It varies, but the main factors are the size of cell, gallons of water, length of season, and water balance.

Most owners should expect 3-5+ years out of the cell if everything is sized properly.

Most SWCG have an operating life of so many hours of generating chlorine. So depending on the output of the SWCG versus your pool volume a 5 year life span may be correct.
When you say corroded, do you regularly clean the cell with acid? Is there an inline chlorinator you use near the SWCG?

Most SWCG have an operating life of so many hours of generating chlorine. So depending on the output of the SWCG versus your pool volume a 5 year life span may be correct.
When you say corroded, do you regularly clean the cell with acid? Is there an inline chlorinator you use near the SWCG?
I did not know I had to clean the cell until recently. So no it’s never been cleaned. I do not think there is a chlorinator. Pretty sure no. Should I try and clean it before I install new one? The panel shows low voltage fault.

When I search the Pool Pilot website I get no hits for a DIG-220. What model is your SWCG?

What happens when you run Test Pool Pilot?

What are the volts and amps?

Really you should only do an acid cleaning on a cell if there is visible scale that has built up. The acid will reduce the life of the cell by etching the metal plates.
If you keep the water well balanced, there should never be a need to acid clean a cell.

If the blades are visibly corroded, you're probably going to need a new cell.

What model cell do you have?

Is the correct cell type selected in the settings menu?

Is the fault low volts or low amps?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.