Rust Spots

jakebala

Jul 29, 2023
Massachusetts
Hi everyone, I have what appear to be rust like spots on my stairs. Localized to this spot. There is a tree above it but i can't think of why it would cause it. Any ideas for cause and fix?

Pic attached.

Attachments

• 20230729_174921.jpg
    20230729_174921.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 16
Welcome to TFP.

Has there been any construction around your pool that may have dropped iron splinters into your pool?

Make a paste of crushed Vitamin C and put it in a sock and rub it on the spots. If it comes off they are metal stains.

Welcome to TFP.

Has there been any construction around your pool that may have dropped iron splinters into your pool?

Make a paste of crushed Vitamin C and put it in a sock and rub it on the spots. If it comes off they are metal stains.

Thanks for the quick reply. No construction nearby. I did try the vitamin c and it came off a bit, but suffice to say it's gonna take pounds of that stuff to get it all out.

It appears to be localized under a tree, not sure of the tree variety, bit it will be removed as it's in rough shape

Welcome to the forum :wave: :wave: I don't think thats rust. It appears to be something that has fallen into the pool So the stains should be organic.

Clorox removes/improves most all organic. If you have any tri-chlor pucks, gently rub one of those on the stain and it should go away or close to it.

Welcome to the forum :wave: :wave: I don't think thats rust. It appears to be something that has fallen into the pool So the stains should be organic.

Clorox removes/improves most all organic. If you have any tri-chlor pucks, gently rub one of those on the stain and it should go away or close to it.
Thanks I'll try that. Unfortunately all my pucks are used for the season so I'll have to go out and buy a small box to try out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.