Just did my weekly testing:
FC: 19
CC:.5
TA: 60
pH: 7.94
CH: 275
Salt: 3200
CYA: 40

I’m thinking it might be time to turn down the SWCG from 70% 8 hours per day to 50% 8 hours per day. Thoughts?

j,

Your cell has no idea how much FC is in your pool. It just makes whatever amount of chlorine that you tell it to make. The cell has no brain.

You are the cell's brain, so you need to routinely test, and then adjust your cell's output so that your FC stays near your target level. See the saltwater section of this chart. FC/CYA Levels

Thanks,

Jim R.

I LOVE the back half of the season. Anytime you screw up and miss an adjustment, you overproduce and algae couldn't dare move in.

When you miss an adjustment time in the spring, it's the exact opposite and you'll be underproducing until you realize it. That could gift you a swamp.

Remember next year to be on the lookout for the cell not matching the daily loss until mid season when it starts to decrease again. (Think bell curve).

As usual, thanks for the quick responses. My pool is also heavily shaded, which I’d assume also leads to the FC creep.

I got in the pool after doing some house work, and while it was chilly (for a Texan), it was pleasant from a chemical perspective.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.