Rounding the Corner... Install Completed 7/27/13

We got some work done today. It got hot so we went swimming and after dinner, I went back out by myself n got some work done. Hopefully it won't rain all day tomorrow!!!

As soon as day breaks, I'll be outside working on the deck by myself. Jimmy is sleeping, wants a wake up call at 7am and going to the gym. I'm hoping to have some deck boards laid before he gets home. Also trying to beat the rain!

I've been working! I bet my neighbor was ready to kill me at 6am! lol

Hope it rains hard tonight so it can give my brand new deck a bath! :mrgreen: The weather guy said it would rain and not one drop but man, it was hot! After a while, I was out there building this deck in my swim suit! :mrgreen: I was solo today and got a lot done by myself like framing, hauling wood from the garage to the site, cutting, screwing a whole lot of screws! Went through 2 boxes today... okay, they were small boxes but I still went through them!

Here she is... I started at 6am this morning.

That beautiful view I'll get to enjoy sitting on our new deck!

Glad I got the steps moved and hooked up with bungee cords. They're pretty stable for the most part. I got all this done today because my little granddaughter is coming over tomorrow and I couldn't get her in the pool by myself and now I can! So happy at least that is done. We won't be working on it til next week now. Oh, and I don't know why but I feel like I got so much more done without Jimmy here. He was shocked when he came home and asked me how I did the framing and stuff so I flexed for him!

WOW! You go girl!

I know why you got so much done------------you could focus and stay with it for an extended amount of time without having to think about anything or one else. That is why I wait to do big jobs when I am by myself!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Think I'll need the pool for therapy now! lol Woke up feeling very sore! I need to get back to the gym! My shoulder is so sore right now!

Thank you all so much for the compliments on the work done so far! Can't wait til it's done! Have to get those deck boards out of the garage because I noticed mold on some of them. :shock:

I'll keep an eye on it. There is at least a 1" gap. If it looks like it's going to heave, I'll cut some off. It shouldn't heave because we went 4ft on the post. I'm going to bet the wood dries out and shrinks some. It was pretty wet.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang...how'd ya learn how to do that? I have a 10x38 ft deck that needs replacing and have no idea how to begin! Kudos!

Like Mac stated, once you get started, it starts falling into place.

Dang...how'd ya learn how to do that? I have a 10x38 ft deck that needs replacing and have no idea how to begin! Kudos!

Like Mac stated, once you get started, it starts falling into place.

Yep! The time consuming part is planning and laying it all out. Once the plan is drawn up and the posts are set it really speeds up. Kinda like working a jigsaw puzzle, once you get the outer frame put together, it goes quicker and quicker as you get nearer to the end.

It also helped that this wasn't my first deck to work on. I have been privileged to watch my Dad over the years work on things and I also helped my brother do his and my other brother and I did my last pool deck. This was Hubby's first and it was a bit frustrating relating constructive criticism to him as it went over like a lead balloon. I got a lot done without him there which, secretly, was a goal of mine. We tend to argue more than work and my biggest peeve with him is once we get into the groove and things are getting done, he quits on me! lol No warnings that the project hits a wall... he's D.O.N.E. done! It's okay though because he's been through the wringer this last year and I'm fully capable, even with a sore shoulder, to get it done. I think I did pretty good on my own.

Good job Casey! I know what your saying. I actually wait for my hubby to go away on business before I start a project most of the time. There is usually to much arguing and he makes things wayyyyy more complicated than it has to be. My new ladder came in this morning, and it looks simple enough to me. He's already complaining about having to use a hole saw blade like its a real chore....lol...I already told him to go find something to do I'll do it myself.

Oh do I hear you Pepsiholic!!! Why do they make more work, I don't know? I had to reset a post because he would not listen to me n I left him go. Then 2 weeks later he's like, that post isn't right... REALLY?!!! :hammer:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.