Porter ranch CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
which one is better and which brand I was thinking of Hayward aquanaut 450 or rebel from pentair for suction and whats good robotic one and is it worth it

New pool owner here, closing in on a year now. I started off with a Pentair Rebel and it does a decent job for the most part. The drawbacks in my opinion are the fact that it will pretty much stay in the pool all the time. It's a bit of work to remove and put away so I tended to just leave it be. More importantly, for me to successfully run the Pentair, I had to keep my RPM at 1950(350ish Watts) which allowed some skimming action still along with moving the cleaner. Also, all the debris goes straight to the filter and will increase your cleaning.frequency.

In comes the robot. Drop in, plug in, walk away. First use I couldn't believe how much I picked up and that was with the Pentair in there still, mind you the pool looked clean to the eye. Was very impressed and immediately removed the rebel from service!

I now run my RPM at 1450(150ish Watts) which saves a lot of power useage. Robot takes a swim twice a week and is removed after each use, and the pool is actually cleaner.

I won't go back to a suction cleaner after having had this now, I'm sold.

I bought a house that had an inground pool with a Polaris 360 installed. The main issue I have in my pool with the Polaris pool vacuum, is that it has to run while the main pump is running with a booster pump. The booster pump already died twice and had to be replaced at the cost of $350. However, the worst part of using a pool vac in my pool is that the speed of the current of the water traveling around the pool stops the pool vac from traveling with all wheels down across the bottom of the pool. The majority of the time that I watch the the Polaris in my pool, it's laying on its side being blown around by the pool current. In that state it's totally useless.

So I just ordered a M 400 cleaner. Not cheap, but if it saves me from having to brush my pool often and does a reasonable job at cleaning the pool it will be worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.