robotic cleaners

Giri

Silver Supporter
Oct 21, 2021
tampa,fl
I got Pincah a Penny sale starting this week. They have a Maytronics Liberty 200 cordless cleaner for $999 or a Polaris Robotic cleaner cord-free for $1349. Are operated ones good? Appreciate any recommendations between these two.

I am paying bi-weekly cleaning around $20 per month. I am thinking of buying to better clean and save in the long run. Appreciate it.

I would not expect any of those battery operated cleaners to last 4+ years and give you a payback on saving $20/month.

If you get a good pool cleaning for $20/month you should keep the service.

Reactions: Mdragger88 and Giri
Without solely considering the break even period of 4.16 years of purchasing a $1k bot vs paying your service,
with a robotic cleaner
(doesn’t have to be cordless or cost $1k) you would also be able to have a clean pool every day, not just once every 14 days.
For a shorter break even time perhaps consider a corded model at a lower cost. The battery operated models (of all brands) are quite new so don’t have much of a track record to gauge longevity/lifespans yet.

Reactions: HermanTX and Giri
Without solely considering the break even period of 4.16 years of purchasing a $1k bot vs paying your service,
with a robotic cleaner
(doesn’t have to be cordless or cost $1k) you would also be able to have a clean pool every day, not just once every 14 days.
For a shorter break even time perhaps consider a corded model at a lower cost. The battery operated models (of all brands) are quite new so don’t have much of a track record to gauge longevity/lifespans yet.
Yes. I will not consider cordless for now. I am considering Scout 42iq which is on sale until tomorrow for $1049. They have the next model Phenom iq for $1500. These models can be controlled with my iAqualink app. The pool service person is cleaning now for $20 per month biweekly for a few minutes. I don't feel it is that clean with the service though the pool is inside screened walls and ceiling. Appreciate it.

I just looked at one of the threads and called Marina pools. Looks like 614iq is $850 without tax and similar model to 42iq. I don't need to hurry for sale. I plan to order this. I can save more than $250 including tax. I read in the forum that it does not have a weekly reminder, but the brochure from Marina says it has a weekly reminder. Does it mean it will send an alert to my phone if I don't use it for a week?

I just looked at one of the threads and called Marina pools. Looks like 614iq is $850 without tax and similar model to 42iq. I don't need to hurry for sale. I plan to order this. I can save more than $250 including tax. I read in the forum that it does not have a weekly reminder, but the brochure from Marina says it has a weekly reminder. Does it mean it will send an alert to my phone if I don't use it for a week?
I believe it is a weekly scheduler.

Reactions: Giri
Here’s a good review thread on it

I have question on how easy to operate 614iq model. I have these knobs. I was told by pool cleaning service person that I need to open cleaner and close pool main drain and skimmer everytime I operate 614iq. He said otherwise they compete and it can't clean. I want to make sure if it is right and again if needed to revert back to these settings when not operating 614iq. Appreciate it.

1700248862589.jpeg

The evo is an independently operated robot that moves on its own power via its power supply whether the pool pump is running or not. Completely independent of your pool’s plumbing.
The “cleaner” valve in the picture refers to a cleaner that is driven via pump pressure/suction & should control a dedicated pressure or suction port. The two are unrelated. You shouldn’t have flow (suction or pressure) on the dedicated port unless you have a suction or pressure cleaner connected.
The evo should be able to operate just fine whether the main drain has suction or not.

The evo is an independently operated robot that moves on its own power via its power supply whether the pool pump is running or not. Completely independent of your pool’s plumbing.
The “cleaner” valve in the picture refers to a cleaner that is driven via pump pressure/suction & should control a dedicated pressure or suction port. The two are unrelated. You shouldn’t have flow (suction or pressure) on the dedicated port unless you have a suction or pressure cleaner connected.
The evo should be able to operate just fine whether the main drain has suction or not.
Thanks. That makes sense. Not sure why he said like though I mentioned it is robo. Glad I don't need to change these valves.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought 614iq. When I try to setup from app, it is asking me cordess/tracks/wheels. I guess it is wheels. Then it is asking alpah/vrx/9 series. Not sure what to select. Appreciate any help.

Also, they sent something labelled 'click' looks like handle. What is it needed for?

1701956471525.jpeg

Last edited:
I am testing on the floor first before immersing in the water. I pressed 'start' and heard a sound and then shows 2:29 floor/wall and does not do anything. Can't I test on floor before putting in water?

G,

The plastic "click" piece snaps to the back of the power supply so you can mount it to a wall or caddy or ???

I did not use it..

You can't test it out of the water!!!

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim, Thanks. I don't have caddy. I will not use it for now. Good to know that it can't be tested on the floor. Otherwise, I thought if there is a problem. I will drop it in the water to make sure. Appreciate it.

G,

Just a heads up...

When you manually turn the robot on by pushing the start button on the power supply, there is no light that shows it is on.. The only thing that happens is that mode light blinks once or twice.

I found that you can manually drive it around using the app, but... It is very slow to respond so you have to guess where it will be when the command is actually received.

The come over here and drive up out of the pool works, but... I can pull it over and take it out of the pool before you can get your phone out of your pocket... :mrgreen:

In my mind the app is only useful because it now has a weekly timer.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Mdragger88
G,

Just a heads up...

When you manually turn the robot on by pushing the start button on the power supply, there is no light that shows it is on.. The only thing that happens is that mode light blinks once or twice.

I found that you can manually drive it around using the app, but... It is very slow to respond so you have to guess where it will be when the command is actually received.

The come over here and drive up out of the pool works, but... I can pull it over and take it out of the pool before you can get your phone out of your pocket... :mrgreen:

In my mind the app is only useful because it now has a weekly timer.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim. I will use manual buttons start/stop. May be app help to see the history etc. I had the pavers cleaned/sealed yesterday. They also put some sock or something in the pool that removes sealer. Thinking of giving it a day to use the robot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.