Robotic cleaner

Mark,

You say "decent", I say too good to be true... :mrgreen:

Jim R.
Lol, hey I bought a $350 brake kit for my older Mercedes ( slotted rotors and the whole package ) and got the wrong pads for the back. After the seller not responding for a week ( all I wanted was the right pads ) they gave me a full refund. I told them hey I am using 3/4 of the kits just want the pads “ nope you have been through enough”
But that was a while back and I do t think they are as generous.

My concern with the robot is they will make you ship it off ( at your cost ) and wait..and wait

I'm actually thinking of the E10. I do see they carry it at Leslie's for the same price (hard to believe). Having local service may be a better idea, and just assume if it lasts a year, it'll probably last 5.

I think it’s on the box also but remember some confusion when I did the rebate.
I don't remember getting a paper receipt (although maybe I did) but my S/N was not on the e receipt or invoice I got from ordering it online.

They also could not look it up for me. They could give me a Maytronics serial number, but not a Pentair S/N, which is what Pentair needed for my Warrior.

Reactions: markayash
Does Marina pay the shipping on warranty repairs? Trying to decide between Marina and Amazon+extra 3 year warranty.
Amazon's extended warranties are HORRIBLE. On electronics they make you jump through a million hoops before they do anything. I wish Best Buy sold robots, their warranties are exactly what an extended warranty should be. Set it on the counter and walk out with a new one.

Reactions: markayash
Amazon's extended warranties are HORRIBLE. On electronics they make you jump through a million hoops before they do anything. I wish Best Buy sold robots, their warranties are exactly what an extended warranty should be. Set it on the counter and walk out with a new one.
Thanks. Yeah wish Costco sold robots! Double manufactures warranty.

Some credit cards offer an extended warranty of 1 or 2 years for free. My credit card offers a 2 year extended warranty and when my pump died, they reimbursed me for the price I paid for it. Just something to keep in mind.

Funny how it all goes round. I read experience of warranties in America, and down here in little ol Australia we are few years behind corporate culture and practices. If warranty is easy they get the sale, if not well meh. No Amazon for me but the sounds of it.

Edit by Jim R.

I'm looking at one of these as the review highly. They say international

Commercial Robotic Pool Cleaner | Robo-tek International | Campbellfield

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My experience was that I dealt directly through Pentair for warranty, Marina really didn't have anything to do with it.

They attempted twice to set me up with a work order at local-ish pool stores. Both of which ghosted us so eventually they decided to send me parts, so I can repair myself.

Had I said I'm not comfortable with the repair I guess the next step would have been to mail it in. I don't know who would have paid for it since it never came to that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.