Robot recommendation

warranty comes to mind. Who will stand behind it if you get it off amazon? Seen people getting the shaft on swg's
save 20 bucks for last years tech then you cant even claim the warrenty when it breaks thats if the item your getting isnt someone else's return and already broke, 609 for a used robot. have you tried looking on ebay for refurbished ones, same as a return.

I'm considering the S200 also. Does it come with both the mesh/screen filter and the pleated filter? What is the use case for each filter type...in other words, when would I use one filter versus the other?

It comes standard with both sets of filters. You can only use one type at a time. I see no reason to use the rough filters. Fine catches more. Rough I suppose lets smaller stuff pass through allowing suction to keep high for lots of leaves. But if from Marina, have them swap the rough filters for a rough insert. Then use them simultaneously. Keeps leaflets and junk from getting in the pleats. A bit easier to rinse out but not essential.

Reactions: Gwl_316
It comes standard with both sets of filters. You can only use one type at a time. I see no reason to use the rough filters. Fine catches more. Rough I suppose lets smaller stuff pass through allowing suction to keep high for lots of leaves. But if from Marina, have them swap the rough filters for a rough insert. Then use them simultaneously. Keeps leaflets and junk from getting in the pleats. A bit easier to rinse out but not essential.
Thanks, but not sure I understand. Typically (especially during the summer dust storms) I will get both leaves and lots of fine dust in the pool. Which configuration would I use for this? What is a 'rough insert'?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just ordered the SE200 from Marina. Decided to give Maytronics the credit even if I spent a few dollars extra. The gentleman at Marina was very nice to talk with and get what I believe are honest answers. Will folow up after a few weeks in our refurbished pool - minipebbles.

I ordered a Pentair SE Warrior from Marina and received it quickly. Didn't work, lots of water movement but no robot movement. I called Marina Pools and they never called back. I called Pentair, they hooked me up with Matronics. I ended up sending the unit back to Maytronics, they found nothing wrong with it and sent it back. Didn't again. Called Pentair, they quickly hooked up with Maytronics who this time sent me a new one. The new one has been working since and my pool has never been cleaner. Excellent customer service at Maytronics.

I ordered a Pentair SE Warrior from Marina and received it quickly. Didn't work, lots of water movement but no robot movement. I called Marina Pools and they never called back. I called Pentair, they hooked me up with Matronics. I ended up sending the unit back to Maytronics, they found nothing wrong with it and sent it back. Didn't again. Called Pentair, they quickly hooked up with Maytronics who this time sent me a new one. The new one has been working since and my pool has never been cleaner. Excellent customer service at Maytronics.

Do you still recommend ordering fro Marina? I wonder what advantage they have compared to Amazon? the only option i see is saving sales tax Please share your thoughts. Are there any price advantage over Amazon?

Did you find out what the problem was?

$599 on pool supply world for the Dolphin Proteus DX3 which is also same as Pentair Warrior SE and Dolphin S200. Also $599 on amazon for Nautilis CC and DX3. Keep in mind, that the $599 deals are for smaller pools <33ft and the Pentair from Marina is 50' cord but also comes with both spring and fine filters. The fine filter on pool supply world is $80 and they're currently out of stock. Cart is $20 cheaper on pool supply world ($129 vs $149)

$599 on pool supply world for the Dolphin Proteus DX3 which is also same as Pentair Warrior SE and Dolphin S200. Also $599 on amazon for Nautilis CC and DX3. Keep in mind, that the $599 deals are for smaller pools <33ft and the Pentair from Marina is 50' cord but also comes with both spring and fine filters. The fine filter on pool supply world is $80 and they're currently out of stock. Cart is $20 cheaper on pool supply world ($129 vs $149)
Proteus DX4 looks more like, and has more similar specs to the Warrior SE and Dolphin S200 - not the Proteus DX3.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.