Oct 9, 2015
Niagara Falls
There's been a bit of a heat wave in southern Ontario and my pool got away from me. Noticed some green sediment on the bottom. About to start a slam, but the dolphin has been sitting in there for a couple days.

I see lots of threads about whether it's helpful to run the robot, but that not my reasoning. My thoughts are to put him in and run him becuase he needs slamming too! He's got the green stuff in him, so might as well let him soak (and do a little brushing I suppose)

Make sense? Am I overlooking anything. His little dolphin logo is already a bit faded but I don't want him to reintroduce an algea problem after I slam.

Also not sure about my frog log. I don't want to pull it out when I slam, becuase the moment I remove it, some small animal falls in! But it's got a lot of nooks and crannies. If it dries out in the sun completely, will that kill the Alge? Or just dehydrate it.

Forget the robot, *you* can safely swim up to and including SLAM level per the FC/CYA Levels. The robot, frog log or any other equipment is way tougher than you and can easily handle it as well.

For a swimmer safety standpoint, VS a chemical safety one, you also need to be able to see the pool bottom in case of a disabled swimmer.

But yeah, clean him out and let him work for you and save some brushing/vac-ing

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.