RJ45 SALINITY READING

Judging by the username, the mention of a pond, and sand at the bottom, I'm imagining some sort of funky chlorinated man-made pond at a summer camp hooked up to pool equipment 🤯

I'm sure I'm likely wrong but it's fun to think about 😂

My RJ's salinity readings are in the ballpark compared to my legit test kit, so I use the cell more to just know if I am low or not. I still test salt once in a while or after a huge storm as my pool has an overflow pipe and its not always apparent when it floods. If your salt gets too low to product FC, the RJ will let you know.

Also 33 bags is 1320 pounds of salt. Unless you added it very slowly you will need to stir it up for wait a while for it to dissolve.

Judging by the username, the mention of a pond, and sand at the bottom, I'm imagining some sort of funky chlorinated man-made pond at a summer camp hooked up to pool equipment 🤯

I'm sure I'm likely wrong but it's fun to think about 😂
No your right pond with liner and sand Al around. Its a campground swimming pond.

My RJ's salinity readings are in the ballpark compared to my legit test kit, so I use the cell more to just know if I am low or not. I still test salt once in a while or after a huge storm as my pool has an overflow pipe and its not always apparent when it floods. If your salt gets too low to product FC, the RJ will let you know.

Also 33 bags is 1320 pounds of salt. Unless you added it very slowly you will need to stir it up for wait a while for it to dissolve.
Added 15 bags 24 hours later added 10 bags 24 later 8 bags

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well had campers stir it up still only reading 2400 ppm notice everytime start SWG its always reads negative amps -4.19 amps or so. Then it runs 10 min cloud at end of cell but low salt light blinks and stops making chlorine.

Read this thread..

Jim R.

Read this thread..

Jim R.
I do not have flow light just low salt.

Are you sure about the volume of the pool?

What are the dimensions of the pool?

You need a K-1766 salt test kit or a conductivity salt test meter.

You probably still have salt sitting on the bottom of the pool.

Last edited:
No not positive about volume, its 40 by 60 shallow, deep spot 5 foot shallow end 1 foot. Ran calculation when filling 108 hours at 6 gallons per min equals 38000 gallons. Ran pump return bottom of pond, ran over night now making chlorine, low salt light bill now every so often. Says 2660 ppm salt. Have cloudy water shooting in it and if return into water. Assume that's normal. However cell amps reading negative -4.19 .
Thought negative means reverse polarity, but it stays negative number at all times.

Keep mixing to see if the salinity comes up.

You need a K-1766 or salt meter.

The unit should begin to cycle correctly once the salinity is in range.

Can you show your pump and filter system?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.