Riverside, CA - Backyard Overhaul

YouTube video is definitely going to be needed at this point. It’s admissible as evidence in disability hearings....and Walter Reed Medical Center is doing phenomenal research work in functional prosthetic limbs. I bet they could even rig up an attachment for the flamethrower....

YouTube video is definitely going to be needed at this point. It’s admissible as evidence in disability hearings....and Walter Reed Medical Center is doing phenomenal research work in functional prosthetic limbs. I bet they could even rig up an attachment for the flamethrower....

I wonder how much it would speed productivity? I don't really need arms anyway...

wrist-mounted-flamethrowers.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
All went well until I cut one of the 20' beams 12"short. Once I stopped kicking and throwing a tantrum I realized that it could have been much worse... I could have cut all of them 12" short.

IMG_20180205_085555922.jpg

IMG_20180205_112308908.jpg

Here's the video. The vibration through the wood makes the saw sound like a dying cat. It was nowhere near that loud.

I’m surprised the band saw could take that much curvature without snapping. Did you try to do any relief cuts on the curves? Might require some work with an angle grinder to smooth it out but you could always use Wanger for that....

I’d say it sounded more like a strangled hedgehog than a cat....don’t ask me how I know that :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I noticed a bit of a smile/smirk on your face while cutting....mind letting us in on the thought bubble that went with the smile ;)

"HOLY Batman! It does work!!!!"

Thank you for the video. It being able to "sit" on the board makes all of the difference I bet. Was it hard to guide?

That detail will really finish up the boards.

So B, HOW do you cut a 20' board 12" short???? Hummmmmmmmm measure twice, cut once...........Yeah at least it was only 1 so...........

Kim:kim:

I’m surprised the band saw could take that much curvature without snapping. Did you try to do any relief cuts on the curves? Might require some work with an angle grinder to smooth it out but you could always use Wanger for that....

No relief cuts and the saw had no problem. It seemed a little underpowered to me but what do I know?

I am impressed with what it was able to do.

By the way, I noticed a bit of a smile/smirk on your face while cutting....mind letting us in on the thought bubble that went with the smile ;)

I probably farted. I've been rather gassy lately and those two dozen poppers I fired down yesterday certainly didn't help :oops:

"HOLY Batman! It does work!!!!"

Thank you for the video. It being able to "sit" on the board makes all of the difference I bet. Was it hard to guide?

That detail will really finish up the boards.

So B, HOW do you cut a 20' board 12" short???? Hummmmmmmmm measure twice, cut once...........Yeah at least it was only 1 so...........

Kim:kim:

It was fairly easy to use other than being awkwardly large. The blade throws all the sawdust at your face while you cut. Not a pleasant experience.

I'm not sure what happened on the missed cut but thank God it was just the one :shock:

Here's what the carpenter walk of shame looks like....I think even the truck was depressed

IMG_20180205_160137031_HDR.jpg

I'm not sure how the highway patrol would feel about a 10' overhang out the back of the truck :scratch:

Here's where it ended today

IMG_20180205_170722031_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180205_170734910_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180205_170801308.jpg

IMG_20180205_170853848_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180205_171040035_HDR.jpg

Tile prep in progress as well

IMG_20180205_170813276.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.