Riverside, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
One neighbor behind me has found a few mice floating in their pool and I removed the first from my pool this morning. It was not floating long enough to swell or for a hawk to pick it up. FC was at 6PPM so I think the water is safe.

There were more winged ants today than ever. Pill bugs invade my pool every night. My immediate neighbor has grass and he cuts it with a string trimmer. So he is breading pill bugs.
The other neighbor behind me also has grass and a raised deck which may be a breading ground for carpenter ants. I have seen a few crawling across the deck and they are huge.

AB059159-A55B-4802-A295-D28F89CB4C06.jpeg

Here's the invader we had on the pool deck a couple of days ago. It would have been in the pool if I hadn't already been in it. What's next, alligators?IMG_0727.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Timujin
When we had our inground pool in Tallapoosa, GA some 15 years ago, we'd get snakes, frogs, bugs, you name it in the skimmer. Which confused me, because there was a perfectly good 3 acre lake not 100' away -- why did they prefer my pool to their lake?

But the capper was when I found a baby alligator snapping turtle on the second step! I grabbed him waaay back on his shell, and took him to the creek that served our lake. Boy did he stink!!! He probably became dinner for his granddaddy, who I once saw sitting by the side of the road, snapping at cars as they passed. I swear he was 5' long and 3' across, at least.

And THAT'S why I didn't swim in the lake!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.