Reviews/Suggestions for a new pool light?

JaySav

Bronze Supporter
Mar 24, 2019
Memphis, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I’m in the market for a new light assembly. I currently have an 120v Amerlite so it would have to fit in that Niche. I plan to go LED bulb but don’t want an LED light assembly due to high cost/low reliability factor I’ve read countless times on here. I’m basically thinking to go back with Amerlite but also looking at J&J Electronics and Astrolite. Any recommendations for housing assembly and LED bulb will be appreciated.

Since I’m for sure going with LED bulb, does it matter what wattage fixture I get?

Thanks for the help.

I’m in the market for a new light assembly. I currently have an 120v Amerlite so it would have to fit in that Niche. I plan to go LED bulb but don’t want an LED light assembly due to high cost/low reliability factor I’ve read countless times on here. I’m basically thinking to go back with Amerlite but also looking at J&J Electronics and Astrolite. Any recommendations for housing assembly and LED bulb will be appreciated.

Since I’m for sure going with LED bulb, does it matter what wattage fixture I get?

Thanks for the help.
Are you looking for color-changing or just white. Either way, if you get another Amerilite you can install whatever you want as there are many, many LED bulbs available that will fit the light fixture, just swap out the bulb. While you are at it, get a silicone lens gasket as they last "forever."
If you go that direction, do it soon. New DOE regulations are supposed to prevent the sales of virtually any incandescent pool-light fixture.

Reactions: JaySav
I've been running the J&J Color Splash XG LED light for 5 years now and not one issue.
The light is on 365 days a year for approximately 5 hours each day.
r.

Thanks for the info guys. Does it matter what wattage Amerlite I got with since an LED bulb would be going in it? Maybe that is why it’s been pretty hard to find Amerlite on the web (the reg change). They are kind of hit and miss as far as finding a 100ft cord high wattage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.