Aug 18, 2020
Santa Rosa, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,
We will be adding a spa to our existing IG pool. We currently have a single VS-3050 pump. It's a few years old, and only supports 4 speeds according to the manual. We'll be getting a new Intellicenter control system. I'm currently going back and forth with our pool construction company. It seems we have a few inter-related question:
  1. Single vs dual pumps.
  2. Re-use vs new pumps. 4 speeds seems like too few for the various conditions (spa, pool, NG heater, solar, etc)
I'm not super price conscious (nor do I want to waste money). I'm wondering if we get the latest Intelliflo VSF as our main pump, can we re-use our VS-3050 for the spa? We're planning on having 6 jets total, so from my reading we can likely get by with a single VS 3HP pump regardless.

Get an IntelliFlo for your main pump and reuse the VS-3050 for your spa jets.

Reactions: teich
I'll ask them about that - my only hesitation was around power. It's not like I'll ever be using all 12KW or whatever the two pumps can put out if both where full speed together, but the electricians seem to get fiddly about those kind of things. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.