Return placement

uvavi8r

Gold Supporter
Aug 8, 2020
Falls Church, VA
Please see the below pool diagram for reference. Our pool should be getting installed in the the 1.5 months, I wanted to check with the SMEs (subject matter experts) on return placement and my thoughts for one of them. The contract states I will get one skimmer (located at the deep end as indicated) and 3 returns. I was thinking about putting a massage jet on one of the returns and putting it on that seat shelf that is next to the steps. I don't know if it can be done on a single pump (VS Pentair) or not. I was thinking that I would plumb the other 2 return on the same line and have the 3 on its own (going into a 3 way valve).

Pool is 26'3" x 14'6" with a capacity of approximately 10K gallons, deep end is 5'9", shallow is 4'2".

I appreciate any feedback or recommendations the group has...
Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 2.57.16 PM.png

Aviator,

Keep in mind that pool returns are not there for your pleasure, they are there to make the water swirl like a giant flushing toilet bowl, but obviously much, much slower.. This helps your skimmer(s) work..

If this were my pool, I would have 4 returns and a couple of jets on the bench seat area.. I would have a Jandy valve at the equipment pad that would allow me to switch between "Returns" and "Jets"...

I would have the Pool Returns spaced around the pool so that they could be pointed in the direction of flow that you want...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.