Retrieving the sample

Niteowl

Gold Supporter
Jun 5, 2020
Pinellas Park, Florida
Does anyone use any kind of tool to help you retrieve the water sample? from what I have read, I am supposed to retrieve the sample from about 17" below the surface. this requires me to get down on all 4 to do it. I am getting older and this is rough on the knees and sometimes hard to get back up. I have seen some type of pole that the jar can go on to retrieve it, does anyone use a tool for this?

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Owl,

In the winter I just use a small PVC pipe.. Stick it in the pool and put my thumb over the end and pull it out. Taking the thumb off releases the water..

Not perfect as it leaks some, but it works to fill up my test bottle.

Thanks,

Jim R.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
From @YippeeSkippy ...

If you want a simple easy to use way to get a good pool water sample out without touching the water yourself--> use a piece of 1/2 or so PVC like a pipette. I have a piece that's about 3 feet long that I use. I just thumb over the top end before putting it into the water, then release my thumb and the water displaces the air inside and I again cover the top end to "hold onto" my sample water as I remove the pvc tube and drop my sample into a big plastic cup. Just like you do with a soda straw, y'know?

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.