Cypress, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Can anyone explain why my main and waterfall pumps have a spigot plumbed into a tee that comes directly off of the pump outlet? I never asked my pool builder why it's there, and I just can't find a good reason for one, much less two, since I have an actual hose bib less than 10 feet away from the equipment pad. I'm replubming this weekend to replace my failing MPV, and I want to know if there's a good reason to leave this there.

If there's no good reason, then can I come off of the pump union with an ell and go directly over to the MPV inlet plumbing, or should I get the pipe up a few inches from the pump outlet before adding the ell? The other reason for the replumb is that my new IC40 SWG gets plumbed in this weekend too, so I have to get rid of that nasty Rainbow tablet feeder tubing. :)

Attachments

• Pool pump.jpg
    Pool pump.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 16
Some PBs install spigots and most don't. I don't really know the reason. Help prime? Help to drain water when needed? I'm guessing you aren't using it. And more pools don't have spigots than do have spigots. And it could eventually leak. No problem removing them during a re-plumb.

Some PBs install spigots and most don't. I don't really know the reason. Help prime? Help to drain water when needed? I'm guessing you aren't using it. And more pools don't have spigots than do have spigots. And it could eventually leak. No problem removing them during a re-plumb.
Thanks pooldv. That's what I thought I'd hear. I'll likely skip installing it when I start the replumb tomorrow. Can you think of any reason to replumb the tablet chlorinator tubing (and just close the valve on the feeder) snice I'm replacing that with the new IC40? I know I could do it later in a matter of minutes if I had to, but I just wondered if you could think of any good reason to do it now.

I would pass on plumbing the tab feeder. It will start leaking eventually. The tab feeder for the pool in Florida we recently bought leaks a little bit. The only reason you might use a tab feeder is in the winter when you're on vacay and the SWG isnt making chlorine because the water is too cold. But, the chlorine use is so low in winter it doesn't really matter. I just raise FC up to shock level before leaving. That'll hold you for a couple of weeks or more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.