Replastered in April......test results from the past 3 months..what are my concerns?

So continue on the -.5 range on the CSI but that as the water gets cooler let my ph drift higher? Any of my other test numbers that I need to adjust? I plan on draining the pool partly when the weather gets cooler to drop that CH down.

Currently in Houston the next two weeks we stay in the mid 90s....I dont see my water cooling off too much..Was at 90degree as of right now but I will watch it.

Do you have any other ideas for slowly erasing the scale that developed after a mid April 19 replaster ?

pH is your biggest control on CSI. You can adjust pH to dial in the CSI range want to hit.

Water temperature works against you. You don;t have control of it and lower water temperature lowers CSI. So you have to adjust the pH up as your water temperature decreases to keep your CSI from getting too negative.

Reactions: 4x4tx
Monthly update...things have been held in check with the negative csi....pool logs updated

My question now with my water temp down at 78...I guess I can allow my ph to stay at the 7.5 range....in addition how long does my pool pump need to run in these fall/winter months? Right now it turns on at 8am and turns off at 5:30pm

Pump Run-Time
  • You can minimize pump run time and only run it as needed to keep chemicals mixed
  • Turn on the pump with really low temp drops and hard freeze nights/mornings
  • Don't rely on Freeze Protection to turn your pump on. It may fail on you.
  • Some pumps like the Hayward EcoStar have low temperature protection for the drive and not Freeze Protection.

I clicked the link after I posted....so there is no table that correlates with water temp ....would you say I’m running my pump too long now?

I clicked the link after I posted....so there is no table that correlates with water temp ....would you say I’m running my pump too long now?

Once water is below 60 you can cutback pump runtime.

updated numbers...I drained about 40% of my pool 2 weeks ago to reduce my calcium numbers. Now my CYA and CH are low, question is are they too low? Suggestions based on these

2.0 FC
0 CC
7.8PH
90 TA
230 CH
20 CYA
Water Temp 68 degree
CSI .12

My thoughts are to lower ph to 7.5, add some liquid chlorine...but do i need to add any CH or CYA at this point?

Add 10 ppm of stabilizer and get your FC to 5 ppm.

Your CH is fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just wanted to update......numbers still look good per below...Question on CYA....if I have pucks can I use those to get CYA up?

My PH still wants to rise every week....always want to run to 7.8 ....its been about a year after replaster, I figured this would have settled down by now?

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
80 °F
TEMP
CSI

Yes, you can use pucks to add FC and CYA at the same time. They are also acidic so they will help keep your pH down. Make sure you know how much CYA each puck adds to your pool (you can use the effects of adding chemicals section in pool math) so you don't use too many. Also, many pools tend to settle in with a pH of 7.8, I wouldn't add acid until your pH gets to 8 unless you are keeping pH lower for CSI purposes.

Anoter note: call your CYA 30 (we round up) :)

Reactions: 4x4tx
Yes, you can use pucks to add FC and CYA at the same time. They are also acidic so they will help keep your pH down. Make sure you know how much CYA each puck adds to your pool (you can use the effects of adding chemicals section in pool math) so you don't use too many. Also, many pools tend to settle in with a pH of 7.8, I wouldn't add acid until your pH gets to 8 unless you are keeping pH lower for CSI purposes.

Thanks! Yes I was trying to keep my CSI negative to try to erase some areas in my new plaster that looked like scale.

Good to know on the pucks, I have a 3/4 full bucket of them from before I went to the liquid chlorine method.

So on the effects of adding section....how much does a puck "weigh" ...is two pucks a pound>?

Updated numbers in my pool logs......started trying to increase TA to help stabilize my PH as it is still swinging higher a year after replaster.

Updated numbers in my pool logs......started trying to increase TA to help stabilize my PH as it is still swinging higher a year after replaster.

Where are your test results coming from?

CYA of 41?
TA of 55?
CH of 313?

You don't get those values from your TF-100.

I had to run to leslies to get acid so had them run it...since they are using the digital tester I was curious to see how it compares to my home testing....not sure if these digital testing is better or worse than a kid doing the drops themselves in the past......but figured it wouldnt hurt as a check to my home testing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.