Replastered in April......test results from the past 3 months..what are my concerns?

4x4tx

Jul 23, 2007
Greater Houston
So continue on the -.5 range on the CSI but that as the water gets cooler let my ph drift higher? Any of my other test numbers that I need to adjust? I plan on draining the pool partly when the weather gets cooler to drop that CH down.

Currently in Houston the next two weeks we stay in the mid 90s....I dont see my water cooling off too much..Was at 90degree as of right now but I will watch it.

Do you have any other ideas for slowly erasing the scale that developed after a mid April 19 replaster ?

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
pH is your biggest control on CSI. You can adjust pH to dial in the CSI range want to hit.

Water temperature works against you. You don;t have control of it and lower water temperature lowers CSI. So you have to adjust the pH up as your water temperature decreases to keep your CSI from getting too negative.

Reactions: 4x4tx

4x4tx

Jul 23, 2007
Greater Houston
Monthly update...things have been held in check with the negative csi....pool logs updated

My question now with my water temp down at 78...I guess I can allow my ph to stay at the 7.5 range....in addition how long does my pool pump need to run in these fall/winter months? Right now it turns on at 8am and turns off at 5:30pm

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pump Run-Time
  • You can minimize pump run time and only run it as needed to keep chemicals mixed
  • Turn on the pump with really low temp drops and hard freeze nights/mornings
  • Don't rely on Freeze Protection to turn your pump on. It may fail on you.
  • Some pumps like the Hayward EcoStar have low temperature protection for the drive and not Freeze Protection.