Replaster/tile/cope must haves from a pool remodeler and ideal material choice?

evamor

Mar 2, 2021
DFW
I need to get my pool replastered/tiled/coped. What are some of the best practices for having this done? I thought I read that the proper way to do it is something with dragging a hammer along it everywhere to make sure all the old plaster is out? What should I be making sure the contractor includes in his demo process and replastering process so its done the right way and no short cuts are taken?

I was planning on putting in a mini pebble stonescapes. Is this the best quality material to go back with or is there something better? Does the mini pebble last a lift time or is this a 10-20 year life span material?

What kind of price is reasonable for this? I've gotten one quote for 14.4k (2k (99 sq ft of tile), 4750 (87 sq ft 5cm travertine), 6300 stone scapes mini pebble finish) and then another who threw out 25k verbally because its so labor intensive having to drag a hammer around.

Lastly does anyone have recommendations for a reliable pool remodeler in DFW area?

If you plan to replaster then it is best to chip out all old plaster. Some companies don't do this and only chip out the bad spots and around the returns and drains. You could expect to pay $1000 or more (depending on size of pool) to chip it completely out as it is labor intensive.

There are many different types of plaster that some warranty up to 20 years. Nothing lasts a lifetime but if you maintain your pool water chemistry by using TFP then you could improve your expected life of plaster.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.