Replacing the panel

NLandas

Silver Supporter
Mar 25, 2019
ARIZONA
Thinking about replacing the panel - 16 years old. It slowly deteriorating. Last year, I had to replace one of the relays on the board and it worked. Thanks to you guys. Not sure if it’s truly fixed as I can feel the transformer getting real hot, lights tripping, and remote has not work for years. And I might have to replace one of the lights.
Any suggestions?

N,

Glad that kept you going. Can you please post a photo or two? Hard to really respond with the information in your post. Are you planning on an identical replacement or upgrading/expanding capability.

Chris

Here you go.

Attachments

• A13FB82B-7710-4B34-AD8B-51EDDD0E3E57.jpeg
    A13FB82B-7710-4B34-AD8B-51EDDD0E3E57.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 1703C3B0-B0BF-4702-AA33-75745826F049.jpeg
    1703C3B0-B0BF-4702-AA33-75745826F049.jpeg
    431.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 566B9CA6-D048-4FF8-BDD8-5C02A861E4BD.jpeg
    566B9CA6-D048-4FF8-BDD8-5C02A861E4BD.jpeg
    472.2 KB · Views: 11
Don't really see any reason to replace the entire panel from these photos. Is the transformer in another box below? Where are you feeling it get hot?

As to the controls what are you thinking? If you're planning to go to full control new panel with integrated power center could be the best way to go. If you just want light control there could be cheaper ways to go.

Aqua Logic was bought by Hayward a long time ago. The transformer that's heating up is probably for the salt generator. Some heat is normal and transformer is replacable. But I would want my remote capability too. Pretty soon you're putting a lot of $ into a very old system so I see the logic in replacing it. To do a total replace you're probably looking at $1-2K in equipment costs depending on how sophisticated you want to go. Plus another ~$1000 in labor if you shop around. All the new systems have an option for remote control. Most use your home WiFi and phone app plus desktop control. I prefer Pentair automation but there may be reasons for you to stay with Hayward other than personal preference.

Here's some more information. You have a pretty good salt generator. How old is your cell? If you change your automation you may be able to stick with your existing cell using Hayward. Let's see if somebody that knows about your system can comment. @Jimrahbe @ajw22 .

Chris

NL, it is not clear to me which of your problems you are looking to solve other then spend some money.
  • A new panel is not likely to fix your light problems
  • The transformer getting hot is probably normal. I thought everything gets hot in AZ this time of year.
  • What remote do you have that doesn't work?
  • The AquaLogic became the Prologic under Hayward. The AquaLogic board can be replaced by a ProLogic board if necessary.
My suggestion is work on fixing your lights and tell us more about the remote that does not work.

Reactions: guinness
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.