Manvel, TX (Houston)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I’m about to plumb in my SWG and in the process remove the inline chlorinator and add a tee for a threaded insert for acid injection.
My question is in cutting out the chlorinator will there be sufficient “flex” to pop the new pipe in between the valves or do I need to remove the whole section to past the elbow past the valve?
I just want to be sure I have all the needed fittings on hand before I make the first cut so I’m not having to run out when my plan falls apart. I did find a 2” socket saver at the local hardware to get the old pvc out of the valves.
Picture of the piece I plan to replace is circled.

Attachments

• 8A93A971-888D-4225-A26D-3323039B31F1.jpeg
    8A93A971-888D-4225-A26D-3323039B31F1.jpeg
    591.2 KB · Views: 35

I doubt you will have any "flex" in the part of the plumbing.. Are you just removing the tab feeder and replacing it with a pipe. or is your new cell going in at the same spot as the feeder??

Thanks,

Jim R.

The SWG is going elsewhere, before this right after the heater. I was just going to dump the tab feeder and put in a straight pipe with a tee in its place to use for a place to add acid from my stenner as it would be the after the SWG and last before hitting the pool. My concern is like you said, not enough play in that section to squeeze a new pipe in.

My only other thought would be cut out the section where the blue marks are on the pic below and add in two 2” pipe inside pipe fittings to put it back together nice and clean. I wouldn’t think the small reduction in pipe inside diameter over that short section would inhibit flow terribly...but I’ve been wrong before.

Attachments

• 2B761E06-359C-4892-B110-1E4E3C13259F.jpeg
    2B761E06-359C-4892-B110-1E4E3C13259F.jpeg
    591.7 KB · Views: 18
These Kwik repair fittings slide into place...

It looks like the chlorinator body is threaded to the top of the tee fitting. If it's not a proprietary fitting, you may be able to adapt it or the other fitting in the chlorinator's tee for your Stenner.
Rainbow.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They are hayward valves, but I could check outside dimensions as another option I hadn’t considered. I’m also curious about the exploded view of the rainbow... I didn’t know it wasn’t a single unit. It also never ceases to amaze me on the depth of knowledge on this forum. Given all the great ideas I think I can make one of them work and be in business without much fuss. I’ll post more once I get my SWG in and running.

Reactions: mguzzy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.