Replacing Polaris Booster Front Housing

pfitz4

Bronze Supporter
Feb 26, 2018
North Alabama
I have a leak on my Polaris booster pump. I found a hairline crack where the pipe connects to the front housing. I am ordering this replacement part:

Here is my main question:
My pump equipment is downhill from my pool. Water siphons out when anything is disconnected. I have ball valves on the pipes for my skimmers and wall drain, but water still siphons out even when these are closed. I do not have ball valves on the lines for the returns or the polaris booster pump. I've attached a picture of my setup. How can I keep the water from siphoning out when the booster is disconnected, so I can replace the part?

Second question: what is the recommended sealant for the quick-connect threads - teflon tape or clear silicone? Will I also need to apply some type of sealant to the surface of the housing when it is reinstalled?

IMG_0755.jpg

Oh! Of course...I do have the return plugs. I don’t know what I was thinking when I mentioned the gizmos.

So I just turn of the pump and plug all the holes? Do I need to set the multi-port valve on the pump to a certain setting?

Any idea about the best type of sealant (if any) for the threads and/or housing?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.