Replacing Pentair Globrite lights

skorte1

Oct 14, 2020
Minnesota
We have also had problems with our GloBrite lights--2 of them had gone out only after 3 years. Pentair won't do anything about their faulty product. When I had someone come out to give bid to replace he recommend we change them out with the Pentair MicroBrite lights. Does anyone know if this is ok even though the size is a little smaller with the MicroBrite light? I have gotten conflicting answers.

Welcome to TFP.

GloBrites use a proprietary size niche. MicroBrites fit into a 1.5” PVC line. How is that going to be changed in your pool?

What type of pool do you have? Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

The only replacement for Pentair GloBrites I have seen that say they fit into the Globrite niche are Pool Tone Nicheless 1 1/2 inch lights. Available from Florida-Sunseeker.

I found a LED light that looks like it will fit into the Globrite enclosure. I will be trying it the next time I need to replace mine, since I can change all 4 for less than the price of 1 Globrite, even if they are not as bright. S.R. Smith LED replacement look like a good alternative for those of us stuck with poorly built Pentair Globrites that continue to fail.

I tried Florida Sunseeker lights they market as replacement. Did not work. None I have found can ‘attach’ to the proprietary receptacle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.