Replacing dead IC40 with IC60, should fit? & retailer question

I suppose that I am naturally skeptical.
I'll go one further, as a NY-er I'm obnoxiously cynical too. But $400 is $400 if it had worked out.

It didn't work out this time, and if it were me, I'd be thrilled it didn't work out at the place the order stage before payment. I had full blown storefront merchants backorder my purchases indefinitely, after taking money, due to the state of the current world.

It would have been that much worse trying to be refunded from a phantom reseller. Which I would have tried, when nobody else had my stuffs.

Reactions: Embers
Just throwing this out there as well for protection. A lot of credit card companies will allow you you issue a 'virtual' card number for online purchases these days to protect yourself against this exact kind of issue. That way if it works out, awesome. If it doesn't, report it as fraud and keep on keepin' on....

The thing to understand about walking around NYC is that the only people who wander around taking selfies and staring at the buildings are the tourists. If you want to be a NY'er, you have to learn the rules -
  • keep your head down
  • NO EYE CONTACT!
  • know exactly where you are going and the quickest way to get there
  • keep your hands in your pockets (so you can have your keys in your fist ready to deck someone if they start trouble with you)
  • silently pushing your way through crowded streets is ok
  • a little shoulder contact is considered ok as long as you are walking intently to get around someone else
  • never, ever, never talk to anyone you don't know - grunts and head nods only

Did they give a reason that the product could not be shipped?
They did not and have no contact info other than their listed snail mail address. Dodged a bullet on this one methinks. Should have been a clue when I looked at their shipping policies before ordering and the first part of what showed on the page was the info for the webmaster instructing them what info should be posted on that page 😆

Reactions: Newdude and JamesW
* also, to be clear/fair.

Would I use this company to save $25 ?

*adult words* NO.

A massive savings or an item that nobody else had would be the reason to force me to risk it.
Which is the only reason I considered them as their list price for the IC60 was $400 less than anyone else and I'm unemployed.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Polytec Pools in Las Vegas has IC60 in stock. Free shipping, no tax.

See if you can get out of the other order.
Emailed the company I ordered from to say if they couldn't give me a date in the very near future that they would receive the IC60 that I needed to cancel and find a company that has them in stock as my current cell is dead. Received confirmation of cancelation fairly quickly from their CSR, she stated they had no ETA for the IC60 and her attitude seemed very unconcerned. She said she canceled my order and my card wouldn't be charged except they *did* charge my card the day I placed my order. I know this because my card was initially declined until I messaged my bank that it was a valid payment and it went through the 2nd time. Will be checking my account tomorrow and dealing with it appropriately.

Placed an order on Polytec Pools website and haven't received a backorder notice yet 🤞 Their price is the same as the other company's was with s&h and tax so there wasn't any actual savings other than my danged sanity 🤪
Thank you so much for letting me know they had them in stock!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.