Replacing 1 hp motor to 1.5 hp

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
Need to replace the motor on my Hayward Power FLO Matrix.The old motor is a 1 horse 2 speed.Want to change to a 1.5 horse 2 speed.Would there be any difference in the propellor size? Any other issues I should be concerned about? I liked the 2 speed.But,the 1 horse on low speed pressure is a little low and would love to increase water flow a little.Would it be a noticeable difference??

If you want full hydraulic horsepower of your larger motor, then you need to change the impeller and diffuser.

Check with Inyopools on what you need for the wet end you have.

Reactions: kplaster
Yes,I check the site last night and they only show propellers for 3/4 and 1 horse motors.I wouldn't think a 1/2 horse increase would affect propeller size.Any Help will be helpful.I like the 2 speed.But,I dont run my pump all the time.Its on a timer running 6 hours in morning and 6 hours in the evening. I only use high when cleaning

Yes,I check the site last night and they only show propellers for 3/4 and 1 horse motors.I wouldn't think a 1/2 horse increase would affect propeller size.Any Help will be helpful.I like the 2 speed.But,I dont run my pump all the time.Its on a timer running 6 hours in morning and 6 hours in the evening. I only use high when cleaning

Assuming the 1 hp and 1.5 hp motors turn at roughly the same RPM, the 1.5 hp motor is not going to move significantly more water than the 1 hp using the same impeller unless the 1 hp was underrated for the system.

Reactions: kplaster
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.