Replacement for Pentair SuperFlo 340038

awilkes67

Jun 11, 2021
Washington, DC
Hi all! First post ever!

I have a 15,000 gallon inground plaster pool, newly renovated, probably built in 70's or 80's by Anthony or Sylvan. 1 Skimmer, 1 Drain, 2 Jets. The current pump is a quite old Pentair SuperFlo 340038 or SF-N1-1A.

Its starting to show its age, leaking out of the seal, the basket cover threads beginning to break, etc... It's time for a new one.

I would be interested in getting a more energy efficient pump with rebates, etc... however, I would love to not have to adjust any of the piping, so I have been investigating if any other Pentair models have their suction and discharge at the same height, location, etc...

I called Pentair and the tech service guy said he thinks that the current 340038 (and 348023) have the same suction and discharge locations and therefore would pop right in without cutting and cementing pipes etc...

Does anyone have experience or some resources of dimensions of various pumps so I can see what would fit? If its universal, is there a model that anyone would recommend?

I would be interested in getting a more energy efficient pump with rebates, etc...
That means you want a VS pump. In fact, on July 19, you will be required to replace with a VS pump. Federal Regulation.

I believe the Superflo VS will fit in without plumbing changes.

Hi Everyone, updating this post to get some more information - Its time to buy the new pump and wanted to make sure I am doing the correct thing. I see many models of variable speed pump by Pentair - Superflow VS, VSF, etc... Intelliflo, Intellipro...

My main goal is to get the lowest cost replacement that is also more energy efficient and also has the correct amount of horsepower.

Could I ask this team to:

Make a recommendation on which pump to buy?

What is the correct 6 digit model #?

Best places to buy March 2022?

Thanks in Advance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.