Replacement Diving Board

Jerry Lee

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2012
My 10' Foot S.R. Smith diving board cracked over the weekend and I've been doing a bit of research online in order to find a good deal on a new one. I'm guessing my current stand is a little old and have some questions as to which new boards will fit my current stand. Also since my stand has 4 sets of holes for the fulcrum, can I go with a 8' board instead of a 10'? Any other suggestions?
[attachment=0:2vy5qtys]diving board.jpg[/attachment:2vy5qtys]

Attachments

CUTiger78

May 24, 2009
NoVA
Are you sure you want to replace it?

Wasn't worth the risk for me and I didn't replace the one for my current pool when I moved here in 1994. I'm no nervous Nellie and I've been a pool owner for 30 years (three different pools), but I've come to believe that diving boards for residential pools are dangerous. It's obvious to me that a diver, especially a tall one, can launch off the board and enter the water well past the deep end. I've done it and I've got a 42' long pool with a 9' well in the deep end and a long, gentle slope back to the shallow end. A shallower, shorter pool and I can see a broken neck in the offing.

Just my opinion.

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
You'll probably have to send that pic to S R Smith to see what they can provide for you. Purchased new, diving boards are amazingly expensive. With enough patience you may be able to find a used one that someone is ready to sell at a good price.

That's kind of a cool looking platform....I hope you find something that works!

Jerry Lee

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2012
duraleigh said:
That's kind of a cool looking platform....I hope you find something that works!
LOL! That's one way to put it! Sent S.R. Smith an e-mail with the pic so hopefully they'll have some thoughts on it. In the meantime, I've been checking Ebay, Craigslist, etc. Cheapest I've seen for a 10' board is $550. :shock:

Jerry Lee

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2012
Already got a response from S.R. Smith. They said to stay with the 10' Frontier III board. I got it from Poolsupplyworld.com for 544.00 shipping included.

Mike M

Jun 4, 2012
I have a ten foot fiberglass diving board that I did not reinstall after redoing the pool apron. I would be glad to see it put to use if possible, otherwise it will be in land fill (nobody benefits). Please indicate if you have any interest.

Jerry Lee

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2012
Thanks for the offer. I've already purchased a new board and am sure the return shipping would be outrageous anyway.