replace single speed Jandy pump - need help / recommendations

Jan 8, 2017
Frisco,TX
Hello all - I need to replace my Jandy Stealth pump as the bearings are failing and it is screaming when cold.

Details below on current pump

Jandy SHMP1.5
serial: J06PJ3799

Current Motor details:

AO smith
Serial 283063M
Part: 7-193993-05
PH 1

Connected to Jandy RS-8 Controller (with iAQUALINK)

Inyopool has recommended a VGreen 1.65, but it is unclear on how this would be connected to the Jandy.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I am very capable on repair / replacement, I just need to know the best option without having to replumb the whole pump. I know I need a shaft seal during replacement - are there other seals I should replace at the same time?

Thanks for any / all input.

I have, which is why I am looking at the VGreen pump which is variable speed. I am unclear if this motor needs the automation kit to directly connect to the Jandy RS8 Controller, and which other seal(s) I should look to replace as part of the upgrade process.

Appreciate any and all input!

Call InyoPools. They will know if their branded pump can talk to the Jandy automation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.