Repairing cracks in our concrete pool deck

Aug 6, 2018
Indianapolis
Hi all,

We have a 15x30 oval inground pool. Around the pool is a 30" concrete deck. The pool was built in 1977 and still has the original concrete deck and coping. There are some rather large cracks that we want to take care of before our first winter with the pool. Is there a recommend product for this? Also, in a few spots, the crack has caused the concrete to pull away from the coping (I don't believe the coping is pulling away or any sense of failure on the coping). Would I repair that the same way I repair the cracks? In other words, should I just fill the area between the concrete and coping with the same product as I would for the cracks? Or do I need to do something special in this area?

Thanks!

20190722_171131.jpg

20190722_171159.jpg

Nothing I've tried works more than a few months.Might need to hire someone. After all this is older pool like mine, a void maybe under your deck also from pipe leaks ,rain drainage issues.If you hire someone I'd have them drill and then scope under the cement,before they start using any kind of saws or jack hammers to widen crack.Of course here in fla. lot more sand that compacts lower after a build.Let us know if you got a good fix.

Epoxy concrete crack filler.

Quite a few threads if you search on “concrete crack filler”.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.