Aug 23, 2021
New York
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Recently had a hot tub installed and noticed that there's some over spray of the insulation. Is there a specific way to remove it without damaging the finish of the tub?

Attachments

• PXL_20220423_220105449.jpg
    PXL_20220423_220105449.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 38
I don't see the overspray of insulation in the pic. Can you point it out?

Was the insulation applied when the tub was put in the ground or was it delivered with the overspray?

You know what product was used?

@RDspaguy

It looks somewhat dark brown/orange. It's at the very bottom of the lip where it meets the stone. If you zoon in on the picture you can see it. It was sprayed at the factory and arrived this way.

It's definitely insulation, as I can scrape it off but there's still a chalky coating left behind. Also I'm in construction and know what spray insulation looks like.
What would be the best way to remove that coating without effecting the gelcoat of the tub?

Nothing that I know of. Any solvent that will effect the foam will likely effect the clearcoat. I'd try a power washer (carefully!) first. If that doesnt work, try a magic eraser, scrubby pad, car buffer, 400 grit emery paper, abrasive wheel in your screwgun, razor scraper... Honestly, I'd try the razor scraper third, but I have a knack with them. It's really easy to mess up with a scraper.

Reactions: Mleads310
I'll definitely give that a shot this weekend and go down the list of ideas. I just figured someone might've had this same thing happen and had perfected the trial and error process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.