moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
Good morning,

I want to put in a small fountain at the side of the pool that connects to the return. I can unscrew the eyeball but the threaded part is stuck in there. Is there a tool that I can take it out with? I tried putting a screw driver in there and tapping it but it won't budge.

Yes there are tools for removing the eyeball sockets.
Amazon has them. They have both plastic and metal ones. Or you could just make your own if your handy with metal.

61vcn6Mw9bL._SL1431_.jpg

51THlJp6UwL._SL1000_.jpg

I use a pair of channel-lock pliers. Gently of course, but it never takes much force to loosen, just a better grip.

I tried a pair of channel lock pliers but I had nothing really to grab onto. I will see if I can find the metal ones as there are reviews on the plastic one that say it breaks very easily.

They can be tricky sometimes. By tightening the outside piece that holds the eyeball it also tightens the inside piece. Also with you being in FL, they may not have been out in years and the metal tool may be the only way to break them free. Mine come out each fall and get lubed in the spring so they just need *a little* convincing to get back out.

if they break in the worst case scenario, there are a few threads on what to do from there but hopefully it wont come to that.

Reactions: moore887
Thank you all.

...and there's me thinking I'm the first to come across this problem! I think I have that Stanley bar but if I can get the GB tool at a good price it would be a nice piece to have in my bag.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.