Silver Supporter
Jun 1, 2016
Buffalo, NY
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R5
I need to install my saltwater system - It is one that threads directly into the pool return, so I need to plug the return jet.

Has anyone does this while the pool is full of water? I’d really rather not drain.

You could use saran wrap or rubber drain plug on the return jet from inside of the pool. Saran wrap works surprisingly well, you remove the lock ring holding the return ball and place the wrap over top of the ball. Then screw the lock ring back in place.

Reactions: microscopes
You could use saran wrap or rubber drain plug on the return jet from inside of the pool. Saran wrap works surprisingly well, you remove the lock ring holding the return ball and place the wrap over top of the ball. Then screw the lock ring back in place.
That's a great suggestion. When we want to boost suction we use Glad Press n Seal, it can help stick to the liner if you get a large enough sheet. It's thicker than saran wrap too. The pump almost sucked one in without the debris screen on the suction line so I'd wonder if the pressure of the water was too high.

What about cutting some cardboard a bit larger than the hole and then using the plastic wrap to help holding it to the liner?

That's a great suggestion. When we want to boost suction we use Glad Press n Seal, it can help stick to the liner if you get a large enough sheet. It's thicker than saran wrap too. The pump almost sucked one in without the debris screen on the suction line so I'd wonder if the pressure of the water was too high.

What about cutting some cardboard a bit larger than the hole and then using the plastic wrap to help holding it to the liner?

Good ideas. Thank you!

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.