Removable deck ladder

Apr 7, 2017
Channahon, IL
I have an above ground pool fully surrounded by a deck and am finishing out my first season with it. The old homeowners had steps that we used this year but noticed the water flow is horrible with them in. I am looking for a simple ladder style that will connect to the pool deck. Considering the Main Access 200200 or Confer 6000x. My husband said we should find something that can Be removable or flip out of the water when not in use, similar to a dock ladder. Has anybody done anything like that? Either use a flip up dock ladder or install one of the other ladders in a way it can be easily removed when not it use?

We recently added a deck to our above ground pool. In all the searching and reading about basically everything available. We decided to purchase a simple converter for our existing ladder. It allows you to remove the exterior steps and attach the top platform to the deck. You use the same handrails as well and it takes up very little space.
Check out your existing ladder and find out if there's a conversion kit for the one you already own. The cost for ours was under $50.00 and it is extremely sturdy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.