Remember.....the husband finally...

Yesterday was the second day in a row that I raised the FC to 10 ppm at dusk and lost 1.0 FC overnight and my FC dropped to 5 ppm through the day.
Only husband and one friend in the pool yesterday.
Sunny with a little rain in the afternoon.

I'm trying to update my Pool Math log. Thanks for your suggestions and patience. My job is very time consuming and I'm having trouble finding the time to navigate through the TFP site again since things have changed. I was using the old pool math since the first time I tried the new pool math I didn't really read it through.

Third day in a row that I lost FC 5 ppm during the day but less than 1 overnight.
pH is back up to 8.2 but I think that is from the water feature being on all day. FC is 10ppm so maybe the pH reading is inaccurate.
Is it ok to add muriatic acid daily? Or should I add more than prescribed?
I'm out of cyanuric acid and my local store does not carry. Have to go to HD which I can't do till later today or tomorrow morning.

This is my conclusion:
Because I don't lose more than 1 ppm overnight, I don't think I have to SLAM.
But there's something causing 5 ppm loss during the day which is high even factoring in sunlight and use.
No leaves or bugs in the pool.
I brush every other day and robot daily.
So I'm going to back wash the [sand] filter this weekend and see if it helps.

Its weird but I cannot download the pool math on my MacBook air, only my phone. Any advice on how to get it on my Macbook Air?

Thank you!

I too do not think you need to SLAM. A higher CYA may help some. But a loss of 5 ppm FC per day in your climate is not all that unreasonable.

Only backwash the filter if the pressure has risen by 25 % over clean pressure.

I do not believe the app can as of yet be put on MacBooks. Let's ask @Leebo about that.

I too do not think you need to SLAM. A higher CYA may help some. But a loss of 5 ppm FC per day in your climate is not all that unreasonable.

Only backwash the filter if the pressure has risen by 25 % over clean pressure.

I do not believe the app can as of yet be put on MacBooks. Let's ask @Leebo about that.
Thank you! I was going crazy trying to download and then trying to navigate the TFP site cuz I remember adding our pool to the new pool math at one time. But I figured out it was on my iPhone and I thought it would sync to my Mac.
Ok, will make an effort to get to HD today and get more cyanuric acid.
PSI gauge: (Holy cow it looks like its 10 years old, its brand new!)
Is this PSI low?
IMG_0556.JPG

What is the filter pressure right after the filter is cleaned?
Also, always check your filter pressure at a mid range rpm of your VS pump, say 2500 rpm.

What is the filter pressure right after the filter is cleaned?
Also, always check your filter pressure at a mid range rpm of your VS pump, say 2500 rpm.
I haven't cleaned the filter yet.....is that the problem?
I will clean this weekend. I run the pump at 2200 rpm at the advice of the builder because of the water feature. Is that ok?

High rate on the pump. Do you really want the water feature running all the time? It will drive your pH up quickly.

I run my pump at 1500 rpm because of my SWCG. You should be able to get away with 1200 rpm. With electricity cost here in Hawaii, you will use 1/4 the electricity versus now. Just run the water feature when you want the WOW factor.

High rate on the pump. Do you really want the water feature running all the time? It will drive your pH up quickly.

I run my pump at 1500 rpm because of my SWCG. You should be able to get away with 1200 rpm. With electricity cost here in Hawaii, you will use 1/4 the electricity versus now. Just run the water feature when you want the WOW factor.
Well, that decision is out of my hands. The pool is my husbands new toy and his pride and joy so sadly, yes, gotta run all day at 2200 WOW factor:eek:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.