regulator vent for pool heater

One other thing to mention about the reg being right close to the heater. It could be that you have a 2lb gas system at your house, and this reg steps that 2# down to the low pressure the heater wants. This setup allows for smaller gas pipes between your meter and the heater. If this is the case, you likely have another reg between your meter and your house to step the house down as well.

And yes, vent points down. Some can be piped to another location, some can't.

Thank you, Stebs. You helped me better understand why a regulator is used or needed. Good to know. Yes, you are correct! I do have another regulator where the main gas from the street connects to my house. I sure wish I could just twirl that little ole vent to point down!

I appreciate everyone's input!! :salut:

Suz

Thank you, Stebs. You helped me better understand why a regulator is used or needed. Good to know. Yes, you are correct! I do have another regulator where the main gas from the street connects to my house. I sure wish I could just twirl that little ole vent to point down!

I appreciate everyone's input!! :salut:

Suz

Just get a couple of pipe wrenches and you can turn it correctly.

Hi there. The vent for the regulator is supposed to be facing down. The regulator on my gas line is on the feeder side of the pipe before the gas company's meter.
Here's a pic
74e1505ab9cc29cdefe2b54f3499d521.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.