Refurb 2005 pool outside of Dallas, plaster, tile, New LEDs, new sheers.

No gloves when holding that flame thrower????????? Does the nozzle get hot?

Poor little fishy........what did they forget to do?

Kim:kim:
The lack of safety equipment has been interesting to watch ..

I dont think the nozzle gets hot, its a couple different layers of metal..

They were supposed to "save the mosaics" when the plaster crew showed up they were here a total of 2 hours and 20 min fromthe time they parked the trucks to the time they left. They didn't feather the new plaster in to the old plaster around the mosaics.
No one noticed until the Aquabright crew started spraying.

Just a lack of QC and over sight

the rest of the plaster is so smooth and the old plaster is showing through the AB around all the mosaics and it looks like a bad patch.
Meeting PB tomorrow ... Hope it goes well, and they want it to be "right"

Met the PB today to review the issues.
He and my GF exchanged some 4 letter words this morning.

He is replacing a BUNCH of totally scorched stuff, LED lights, Swim jet parts etc. And sending someone to "clean up" after the water is in.

Water is going in...
He tells me that the water chemistry will clean up the burned epoxy on the glass water line tile. And it will clean up the left over mortar around the skimmers.
Im curious how the water knows what mortar to eat and what to leave between the tiles ;-)

Im pretty certain that his plan is to get water in the pool and hide the remaining issues under the pretty blue water and hope we just give up and pay the rest of the $$ ....

He also said it would take 2 days to fill the pool. We started 9 am with about 2 feet of water in the deep end. Now its about 14 inches from full.
Must be good water pressure ;-)

So that was the storm could I saw when I looked over your way :roll: I have a feeling someone is going to be paying for some more water before this is over.

Get everything in writing and go from there.

Kim (NO cheering on this one)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
On a happy note - I turned off one of the 2 hoses about 4 am to be sure it didnt over fill and we are now only a few inches from full

Ill start up the pumps and stuff in an hour or so to get the dust and debris from the "repairs " cleaned up

It does look great to have water in the spa and pool after 2 months of it being dry

Here is the info from the Aquabright Maintenance Startup Card
aquabright-startup-card.jpg
from the start up tec website

Start up tec
"

• Provides cleaner startups with 90% to 100% less dust and brushing.
  • Significant reduction of mottling discoloration on all types of finishes.
  • Typically eliminates “hot startups” that exposes quartz and aggregates.
  • Strongly sequesters metal ions that stain surfaces and form calcium film.
  • More brilliant exposure of pigmented and pebble type finishes.
  • Advanced multi-sequestrant formulation . . . no phosphates or acids.
  • Reduces warranty issues, lawsuits, and replastering of damaged pools.
  • Swimmers can use pool immediately"

BEautec

• Beautec® Features

Superior Scale-Stain Controller
  • Absolutely phosphate free formula.
  • Aggressively prevents and removes scale and stain buildup.
  • Salt cell de-scaler (without acids), protector and prolongs cell lifespan.
  • Controls calcium (up to 1,000 ppm) and hard silicates (up to 300 ppm).
  • Strongly sequesters iron, copper, and manganese metals.
  • Protects all equipment: filter, heater, water auto-leveler, salt cell, and solar unit.
  • Provides long lasting protection: pool finish, tile and equipment.

• Beautec® Benefits
  • Affordable year-round protection.
  • Extends life of salt cell generators.
  • Prevent future costly washing and tile cleaning.
  • Advanced Synertec formula is both acid-free and phosphate-free.
  • Chlorine stable multi-polymers lasts for months, not weeks.

You actually fared pretty well schedule wise for a spring time reno when the pool builders are more focused on new builds. I had my pool re-done last spring (white plaster, tile, coping) and was quoted a two week schedule. Wound up taking 14 weeks due to "new builds" (i.e. bigger projects). For reference, my plaster was $45/ft based on the perimeter of the pool. My total project was under $15 K

Well the water is in and I checked the city water meter before and after and the pool apparently holds a LOT less water than I was told

I was told it was about 24000 gallons
But the meter on the day that 90% of teh pool was filled only registered 17900 gallons. The spa was partially filled previously but all 4 days of meter readings which include the lawn sprinkler running once and 4 days of "living " only add up to 22000
So either the meter is off or the pool is really about 20,000 not 24,000
The spa is BIG and deep so it could hold 1000 maybe...

We would love to see some pics of the pool :)

Ya I second that. That spa is huge! I wish I could use a blow torch for something. Oh wait I have but it wasn't big. I had to burn off my dad's garden last year but that was a lot smaller. Lol

So many great pool on his site. I would never have thought so much goes into pools till I found this place.

Just crazy!

Well the water is in and I checked the city water meter before and after and the pool apparently holds a LOT less water than I was told

I was told it was about 24000 gallons
But the meter on the day that 90% of teh pool was filled only registered 17900 gallons. The spa was partially filled previously but all 4 days of meter readings which include the lawn sprinkler running once and 4 days of "living " only add up to 22000
So either the meter is off or the pool is really about 20,000 not 24,000
The spa is BIG and deep so it could hold 1000 maybe...

This is not an uncommon problem. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.