Refilled Pool

Here is a link to a wonderful tool that will do all of the work for you. It tells you how much of what to add for each thing. It does take a little learning and playing with to get the hang of it. Make sure you change the bottom setting to Trouble Free Pool so it will use our levels.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Let us know how it is going and what you are ready to work on next. Make sure to read all of the links we have given you above. It can overwhelming but take a bite at a time and let it settle!

Kim

Chlorine is the consumable item in what we test for. It depletes every day. I would suggest you put in about a quart each day. As your CYA dissolves, the Chlorine (FC) will styart to increase and you will want to slow that down.

What CYA dosage have you used and we'll suggest an FC range.

Did you get the pH down ??
How much CYA did you add ?? You'll need to wait a week from the time it all dissolves before you test it again.

I was wondering why the conditioner instructions say to dissolve the powder in a bucket of water and directly to the skimmer. 4LBS per 10,000 gallons. I was wondering why you suggest using a sock? I am sure there is a good reason.

Thanks

Paul

I'm not sure, my guess is that it takes too long to dissolve it in a bucket. It usually takes a couple of days for it to dissolve in the sock. Giving it a squeeze every time you are by the pool will speed it up.

Paul, it boils-down to ensuring the stabilizer becomes dissolved properly and to avoid having the granules (in solid form) rest on the pool surface or being vacuumed/backwashed out of the pool before they dissolve. At TFP, we advocate the sock method because it's easy and only takes a day or so to dissolve. CYA increase should show on tests about a week later.

:goodpost: What he said. It's just a lot easier to put it in a sock and hang it. Doing it this way insures it all goes into the pool and should you need to backwash you're not flushing the CYA down the drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.