Refill colorq test kit or other kit of strips?

Malka

Bronze Supporter
Oct 27, 2020
NYC
I’m the new caretaker of an indoor spa.

I’m trying to get a handle on the chemicals. I found an assortment of unopened test kits. The newest expired 2 years ago. I read up on this and I tossed all of them.

I bought a new tube of test strips.

There is a ColorQ kit here. It’s the colorq pro7 tablet version. The bottom of the machine says gen3. All of the reagents expired 8/2014.

I want to be precise enough to be able to navigate all of the trial-and-error involved in balancing the chemicals.

The colorq refills are pricey. Is it worth it?
Are the other test kits just as accurate without the drama?

I intend to test every day.
Thanks!

The chemical difference is that with a public pool or spa, there may be local regulations on the chemistry. Such legalities might prevent following the TFP recommended chemical levels. If your installation might be visited by an inspector with a test kit, it's public and you'll have to follow their regulations and not necessarily TFP's.

(Not sure if my message posted)
We are private.
Just read all of the local and state regulations, in case there was something I should know. Scary to think that each reg represents at least one person with a serious accident.
Confident we are in compliance with everything. I’m here to make sure we are 100% with the property maintenance code part about “clean and sanitary”.😀

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.