Reef or natural grey liner?

stonefences

May 13, 2019
northeast
Looking for a deep turquoise color. We have shade for half our day, so afraid of natural grey, because I don’t care for the dark shades, but like look on steps and in the shallow water. Visited a sandstone pool and did not like the look in shallow water (too busy and speckled). Any thoughts? Is Reef too busy underwater in the shallows? Will it give a nice turquoise/aqua shade?

lazygirl1978

Gold Supporter
Oct 20, 2018
Missouri
Check out my build thread (linked in profile) -- I like the Reef pattern in the shallows just fine, but it's definitely busier than Natural Grey. I've attached a picture of my steps/shallow end here. I do kind of wish I hadn't gone without a border, though, because the pattern at the top is more obvious than I expected (the pattern repeats maybe every 2'?). Otherwise, I love it!

stonefences

May 13, 2019
northeast
Thanks! So— do you think a border would break up the repeat pattern of the Reef? I was also thinking of going without a border. I love the color that you posted, but would still like a photo of the grey for comparison.

lazygirl1978

Gold Supporter
Oct 20, 2018
Missouri
Thanks! So— do you think a border would break up the repeat pattern of the Reef? I was also thinking of going without a border. I love the color that you posted, but would still like a photo of the grey for comparison.
Check out the link Richard posts above — there’s natural grey in there somewhere! Might be easier to find if you search the forums for it.

A border would hide the reef repeat just fine I think. My problem was I couldn’t decide on a border! I just decided it’d be fine without one, and it is, but now I know maybe I’d prefer a border next time?

Love2Fly

Sep 29, 2019
Newnan
Check out my build thread (linked in profile) -- I like the Reef pattern in the shallows just fine, but it's definitely busier than Natural Grey. I've attached a picture of my steps/shallow end here. I do kind of wish I hadn't gone without a border, though, because the pattern at the top is more obvious than I expected (the pattern repeats maybe every 2'?). Otherwise, I love it!

View attachment 106961
Hey dear please any chance I could see pictures of your pool? I tried to look into your profile but on my cell couldn’t find anything. Thank you.

Love2Fly

Sep 29, 2019
Newnan
Looking for a deep turquoise color. We have shade for half our day, so afraid of natural grey, because I don’t care for the dark shades, but like look on steps and in the shallow water. Visited a sandstone pool and did not like the look in shallow water (too busy and speckled). Any thoughts? Is Reef too busy underwater in the shallows? Will it give a nice turquoise/aqua shade?
What have you decided?

Love2Fly

Sep 29, 2019
Newnan

View attachment 106961
@lazygirl1978 please what color are the plastic parts (skimer, drains) inside the pool? White? Grey? Blue?