Reef or natural grey liner?

stonefences

May 13, 2019
northeast
Looking for a deep turquoise color. We have shade for half our day, so afraid of natural grey, because I don’t care for the dark shades, but like look on steps and in the shallow water. Visited a sandstone pool and did not like the look in shallow water (too busy and speckled). Any thoughts? Is Reef too busy underwater in the shallows? Will it give a nice turquoise/aqua shade?

Check out my build thread (linked in profile) -- I like the Reef pattern in the shallows just fine, but it's definitely busier than Natural Grey. I've attached a picture of my steps/shallow end here. I do kind of wish I hadn't gone without a border, though, because the pattern at the top is more obvious than I expected (the pattern repeats maybe every 2'?). Otherwise, I love it!

Reactions: Becmarmil
Thanks! So— do you think a border would break up the repeat pattern of the Reef? I was also thinking of going without a border. I love the color that you posted, but would still like a photo of the grey for comparison.
Check out the link Richard posts above — there’s natural grey in there somewhere! Might be easier to find if you search the forums for it.

A border would hide the reef repeat just fine I think. My problem was I couldn’t decide on a border! I just decided it’d be fine without one, and it is, but now I know maybe I’d prefer a border next time?

Check out my build thread (linked in profile) -- I like the Reef pattern in the shallows just fine, but it's definitely busier than Natural Grey. I've attached a picture of my steps/shallow end here. I do kind of wish I hadn't gone without a border, though, because the pattern at the top is more obvious than I expected (the pattern repeats maybe every 2'?). Otherwise, I love it!

View attachment 106961
Hey dear please any chance I could see pictures of your pool? I tried to look into your profile but on my cell couldn’t find anything. Thank you.

Hey dear please any chance I could see pictures of your pool? I tried to look into your profile but on my cell couldn’t find anything. Thank you.
If you turn you phone sideways you’ll be able to see signature under my post! (Took me months to learn that trick! :))

Looking for a deep turquoise color. We have shade for half our day, so afraid of natural grey, because I don’t care for the dark shades, but like look on steps and in the shallow water. Visited a sandstone pool and did not like the look in shallow water (too busy and speckled). Any thoughts? Is Reef too busy underwater in the shallows? Will it give a nice turquoise/aqua shade?
What have you decided?

View attachment 106961

@lazygirl1978 please what color are the plastic parts (skimer, drains) inside the pool? White? Grey? Blue?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.