Recommended Chemical Levels with Auto Cover

Welcome to the forum!
Recommended ranges remain the same. Your FC loss may be a bit lower, depending on how often you have it open during the day. You do need to open the cover for several hours every other day or so to be sure sunlight hits the pool surface.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

I have a fiberglass pool with autocover. The type of pool really isn't important, chem levels will be same for pools in regards to the cover.

I have a SWG pool so the ideal CYA is normally suggested aound 80ppm, but since I have the cover and stable FC I feel safe keeping my CYA between 50-60. In 8 years I've never had algae so its worked well for me.

I am conscientious about opening the pool every couple of days to let the pool "breath" a bit even if not swimming or in the off seasons. I feel this is important.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.