Rebuilt my Polaris 280

ParB

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 26, 2020
SF Bay area (silicon valley)
Just bought a house with a pool. Never had a pool before. Took a look at the pool cleaner and realized it was completely worn out. It ran in only one wheel, the rubber on the rims was almost worn out. Check out the tail below, it's worn down until two holes opened up due to the material wearing thin. The rebuild kit was great, all is well now!

IMG_20200514_152535.jpg

IMG_20200514_152519.jpg

We bought a house with a pool about 20 years ago, before we bought this one without a pool. I rebuilt the Polaris 360 that came with the house, and my, but wasn't that satisfying! Ran like a champ for the rest of our time at that house! And I loved the tinkering I got to do -- wasn't it pure fun!?!

Those 280s are solid performers. 15 years so far with just tire and sweep tail replacement. Was planning to do the total rebuild as it was sluggish and not running well. Took it apart and made a few adjustments on the drive wheels and good as new! You just can’t kill em ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.