Read a few old posts about cya.

Limey

Jul 14, 2011
Central Florida
Let me know if I'm doing this the right way. Dual skimmers both have socks wrapped around the skimmer baskets. Poured some granular stabilizer in each skimmer sock basket and put my sand filter to recirculate so that the granular stabilizer can disolve.

Limey,

Not sure if that will work or not... When we say put the CYA into a sock and then in your skimmer, we literally mean put the CYA inside an old sock and tie it shut and then put the sock in the skimmer...

Or, what a lot of people here do is take the CYA filled sock and hang it in front of an operating pool return.

In both cases, it works best if you can squeeze the sock a few times a day...

Please let us know how your method works...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Limey,

Not sure if that will work or not... When we say put the CYA into a sock and then in your skimmer, we literally mean put the CYA inside an old sock and tie it shut and then put the sock in the skimmer...

Or, what a lot of people here do is take the CYA filled sock and hang it in front of an operating pool return.

In both cases, it works best if you can squeeze the sock a few times a day...

Please let us know how your method works...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
I was using a skinmer sock, not any of my own since they all holes them ;-)

How are you guys hanging the sock in front of the return? Mine is a foot or two down to the point where I have to hang the sock on something else that is hanging and then sticking over the edge of the pool. I don’t want that to get knocked around and the sock fall to the bottom. My pool is painted

My old sock is in the skimmer basket and then I run the pump 24/7 going out to squeeze it as time permits

A stick, a rope and a rock will work nicely to suspend a sock in front of a return. Putting CYA in skimmer socks sounds fine to me.

I just filled a couple of knee highs with CYA and tossed them in my skimmer baskets to get my CYA level up.

Let me know if I'm doing this the right way. Dual skimmers both have socks wrapped around the skimmer baskets. Poured some granular stabilizer in each skimmer sock basket and put my sand filter to recirculate so that the granular stabilizer can disolve.

Limey,

Just so that I am clear... You put skimmer socks on the skimmers like normal and then just dumped CYA into the basket??? Or did you put the CYA into a skimmer sock, tie it shut and then put the sock in the basket??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.