Re-Wire Control Panel?

Inception85

In The Industry
May 28, 2021
Dallas, TX
This control panel seems new but does not work. You can turn the pump on and off but not the schedule/Timer. The gears are not turning in the view hole. Do you think it was wired incorrectly or shoudl I just buy a new box? Picture attached.

Attachments

• delania Box .jpg
    delania Box .jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 22
The white wires on terminal A are for the clock. With that said it looks like you are are using 240v, I would have went with the t104. But you should be able to move one of the clock wires to terminal 1, and run your neutral to terminal A where you have the other clock wire. The diagram says the clock is 120v. But you should double check with Allen because I don’t know if that’s up to code. @ajw22

You should be able to replace just the clock motor without having to replace the whole timer. Get the number off of the old one and look for a replacement.

The white wires on terminal A are for the clock. With that said it looks like you are are using 240v, I would have went with the t104. But you should be able to move one of the clock wires to terminal 1, and run your neutral to terminal A where you have the other clock wire. The diagram says the clock is 120v. But you should double check with Allen because I don’t know if that’s up to code. @ajw22
Thank you.

The T103 has a 120V motor that sues one of the hot lines and a neutral line.

I can't tell if a neutral line was run into the box from the CB along with the two 240V hots.

If you have a neutral, and I see a white wire on the bottom of the box, then the neutral wire from the CB goes to the left most screw and one of the think whit wires moved to under screw 1 to power the clock.

If you don't have a neutral then youc an pull one into the box, chnage the motor to 240V or change the timer mechanisim to a T104M that has a 240V clock motor.

First, what time clock did you purchase? T103, T104? Right now you have both motor wires on the same terminal. That means that no power is going to the motor. If it is a T104, one white goes to each of the line terminals (1 and 3) and there should be 240v going to the clock. (Measure with probes on 1 and 3.)

If that is a T103, you need to take one white wire off of the A terminal and place it on 1 or 3 (line voltage) and take the neutral wire and attach it to the A terminal. That way you will have power to the clock motor. If you have a ground-fault circuit breaker in the system for the pump, it will trip if wired this way on a T103.

Reactions: Inception85
First determine what wires come out of each conduit - and where the other end of that conduit terminates.
Then see if a white neutral wire comes into the timer from the conduit that runs back to the circuit breaker.
Report back here and someone will help determine what needs to be done to get it working.

Don't be swapping wires around without knowing where they come from.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inception85
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.