Raypak heater switch stuck in "off" position

Jan 6, 2017
Fremont, CA
We have a Raypak 2100 digital heater for our pool. It has been working fine, but last night when we tried to start it up the main power switch was stuck in the off position (we physically can't push the switch down to switch it on). Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? Does this suggest the switch is physically corroded or are there mechanisms in the heater that would prevent the switch from being operable?

Thanks in advance!

They do that. Go to Fry's, get a switch. You don't have to use the OEM one. Although your switch will have to be a rectangle to fit in the hole. Any on/off (SPST) rated over a couple of amps will work. I sell them (the OEM) for close to $25.00 (Now you know why i said go to Fry's). It switches the low voltage from the x-former to the main board. I would say you could jump it, and turn it on and off by the touch pad and the gas valve until you get a replacement, but some here get nervous when the term "jump it", or "short it" gets thrown around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.