Raypak heater power switch

We have a Raypak 2100 digital heater for our pool. It has been working fine, but last night when we tried to start it up the main power switch was stuck in the off position (we physically can't push the switch down to switch it on). Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? Does this suggest the switch is physically corroded or are there mechanisms in the heater that would prevent the switch from being operable?

Thanks in advance!
How hard is it to replace the switch , I have one that is stuck in the off position also ?

If you are talking about the On/Off rocker switch below the mode/temp adj/display, most are a press fit that snaps in when it is pushed in from the front and releases when the clips are depressed in from the back. They are similar to this https://www.amazon.com/Rocker-Switc...cphy=9030785&hvtargid=pla-1429666563355&psc=1. As to sizing, the switch needs to match the hole or be slightly larger (so that you can ream the hole to size) and the thickness of the sheet metal that it attaches to must allow the plastic clips to snap into place to hold it securely. I believe the switch is on the secondary side of the transformer, so any switch rated for 24V and a minimum of 2Amps would suffice. In other words, you could use a switch rated for 24V and 5 Amps etc..

My power switch on my 2100 raypak heater is stuck in the off position , how do I fix or replace ?
Unless something changed (not likely), the switch swamprat69 referenced will work and cost about 75% less than one in a Raypak package. You can find these at some auto-parts stores as well. That's where I got the last one I installed (AutoZone) as there weren't any available at a supplier.
Took a chance and it worked, just a simple on/off rocker switch.

Reactions: swamprat69
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.