Raypak Heater Display Blank

So I think I may have messed up the display when I installed it. It says to remove the protective film. But it wasn’t like there was a think piece of protective covering . So I pulled and scraped and got a thick layer off . It was a green layer. Now I wonder if that was a necessary layer and mine didn’t have a protective film. Is the display supposed to be green or clear? The glass on the display I mean.

The type of protective film that comes on displays is just a clear thin plastic that easily peels off. It should not be thick or need to be scraped.

Write it off to a DIY learning experince and buy another display.

It could be that your display board was never the problem and the display driver or something else fried in the main board.

@ogdento plays with this stuff and may have some ideas how to test.

Show us some pics of the main board around the display socket and what the display looks like.

1F4172B2-BCA1-4D7F-9FDA-6C73DC5A8D5D.jpeg
here is the circuit board. the old circuit board fired up the heater so it worked. It was just the display that didn’t. The old display didn’t light up at all. But the board worked. I bought a new board and it didn’t even fire up the heater and the display just lit up but was blank so I put the old board back in and bought just the display and the new display lit up and was blank too. I bought both on amazon. So wondering if what I am getting on amazon is junk. Here is the link to the display on amazon

Raypak 013640F LCD Display Pool Stat-Kit Amazon.com: Raypak 013640F LCD Display Pool Stat-Kit: Garden & Outdoor

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
View attachment 137731
here is the circuit board. the old circuit board fired up the heater so it worked. It was just the display that didn’t. The old display didn’t light up at all. But the board worked. I bought a new board and it didn’t even fire up the heater and the display just lit up but was blank so I put the old board back in and bought just the display and the new display lit up and was blank too. I bought both on amazon. So wondering if what I am getting on amazon is junk. Here is the link to the display on amazon

Raypak 013640F LCD Display Pool Stat-Kit Amazon.com: Raypak 013640F LCD Display Pool Stat-Kit: Garden & Outdoor

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.