Raypak 206A heater issue

Looks like only one is lit. Spider nests in orifices. See it all the time.
14ga copper wire does less damage. I cut at a sharp angle and put a little hook to pull spider web out. On a Ray Pak the heater tray usually has to be pulled out to get to the orifices.

Do I have to disconnect it from the gas line to do that? Concerns me a little, but I’d try.

Yes, and all the wiring to the valve, etc. Take pictures. After that the tray, has to be dis-assembled to access the orifices. There is a bar across the back of the tray that keeps the burners in place. Remove that and they will pull of the orifices. They will pop back into place with a little push. I've done so many its not hard, just tedious. If you do it, take your time and be sure to use some new pipe dope on the fittings to re-assemble. If not familiar with gas plumbing, do a lot of research. Lots of sheet metal screws that use a 5/16 nut driver. Put them all back.
As you can see, this may not be the best DIY project. You will be dealing with an expensive appliance that can be dangerous if not done correctly.
When you get it cleaned, be sure to fire it for a couple of minutes at least once a month to keep the spiders out. They love heaters.

Yes, and all the wiring to the valve, etc. Take pictures. After that the tray, has to be dis-assembled to access the orifices. There is a bar across the back of the tray that keeps the burners in place. Remove that and they will pull of the orifices. They will pop back into place with a little push. I've done so many its not hard, just tedious. If you do it, take your time and be sure to use some new pipe dope on the fittings to re-assemble. If not familiar with gas plumbing, do a lot of research. Lots of sheet metal screws that use a 5/16 nut driver. Put them all back.
As you can see, this may not be the best DIY project. You will be dealing with an expensive appliance that can be dangerous if not done correctly.
When you get it cleaned, be sure to fire it for a couple of minutes at least once a month to keep the spiders out. They love heaters.
I’ll see if I feel comfortable with it. Thank you. Sadly it’s not practical to fire it in the winter here. :/

Looking closely at the photo - looks like blue flame on all but one burner. Must be clogged air intake for that one?

Still haven’t serviced it. I think I will call around and find someone who can clean it.

I checked again and the other burners are definitely going. It’s just one burner that’s orange. Photos below :)

E63E6BAB-DB83-4A07-8B41-3EDC3CCCF581.jpeg

E7F55C1F-CD7E-4F46-9C5F-1126A41E79A1.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Still haven’t serviced it. I think I will call around and find someone who can clean it.

I checked again and the other burners are definitely going. It’s just one burner that’s orange. Photos below :)

View attachment 409473

View attachment 409476
Much better picture. Yes, all but one. There may just be something sitting at that burner orifice. Before dismantling, try a few blasts of computer duster right in that area. Seeing the blue flame changes things.

Much better picture. Yes, all but one. There may just be something sitting at that burner orifice. Before dismantling, try a few blasts of computer duster right in that area. Seeing the blue flame changes things.
I’ll do that tomorrow before I call around and see. Thank you for the advice. I wish I could hook something in to clean out the burner without it taken apart, but I’m not even sure where to check for it. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.